Tuesday 29 March 2011

Podcast

My singing daughter.

This took me a week and a half of procrastination and about an hour to actually do.  Next time I'll be much quicker.  I can only hope because that week and a half was a nightmare!

Take two!  I tried again with the podcasting to see if I could do it any quicker and amazingly enough I could.  This time I decided to make an audio recording of my daughter, the guinea pig, giving an            oral critique of a portrait in my art critique wiki space.  What a great idea if I do say so myself! 

I have also dabbled with Audacity to create an audio recording.  This is a freeware program that students can use fairly easily.   Allowing students to record themselves speaking is a great way to improve their reading skills.  This gives them the opportunity to hear how they read, for example, and pick up where they are going wrong and discuss ways to improve reading techniques, such as using expression and punctuation.

By the way, once you accidentally put a background colour into your posting, how on earth do you get rid of it???

No comments:

Post a Comment