Saturday 2 April 2011

MovieMaker


Not only did I make a little flick using my photos taken after Cyclone Yasi destructively forced it's way through our lives, but you might also understand why I seem a bit feisty and somewhat scattered.
Each time I view this my heart races and the emotions flow in all directions.  It has been an absolutely terrible start to my studying year and sometimes I just don't know if all this stress is worth it.  Thank God, or whoever, for my supportive family.   It is a daily struggle trying to stretch myself out to include work, family, business and home commitments, (or trying to get home back in order) not to mention endless phone calls to insurance companies who seem to be experts at dodging their job.  Bring on normality!

On the positive, I really enjoyed making this little movie, boasting to my husband that I'm now a film maker.  I could get really hooked on this program if, you guessed it, I had the time.  MovieMaker is quite an easy program to use as all the steps are laid out for you.  Unfortunately I didn't get to utilise all the tools, however for what I was doing I seemed to have told my story well without the use of too many fancy aides as the photos really said it all.

I can see this program being used for a major assessment piece where children take their own photos and add chosen audio or make it a collaborative effort between a few different classes.  One group to take the photos and give direction, maybe a music class to write and produce the music to go with the photos and another group, perhaps an ICT class to bring it all together as one. 

We have a local Show in Tully every year where each school in the area has a designated space to display some great work.  Unfortunately space is very limited, therefore not everyone's work gets displayed.  This would be a great way around that problem having images and music/audio/video displayed on a constant circuit. 

I find that when viewing this flick it is better watched at the size it is on screen as it seems to lose its clarity when enlarged.

No comments:

Post a Comment